Living on the Edge

Welcome to my Blogspace....here you will come across many of the ideas that germinate in my mind and having your valuable comments will enrich them even further...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kolkata, West Bengal, India

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Welcome Back !!

I just checked and found that I have not posted anything for exactly a year now!So on this anniversary of my e-absence(which I hope would have made some hearts grow fonder !! )..I decided to be henceforth more regular in posting new/my ideas here.

As for now...I am just wondering on this:

Marketing has been overflowing with research studies on various dimensions of customer patronage of an organizations and its products/services.But somehow we marketers seem to have missed an important counterpart to customer--> the non-customer.Does a non-customer add value to the organization in any way.

I think a non-customer adds value through network effects(in a network consisting 0f customers and non-customers).One example can be a non-customer despite his emotional and attitudinal loyalty,but lacks patronage intention due to other reasons like affordability( or perceived value).Such a non-customer of Store/Brand A may be a patron/customer of Brand/Store B...but may spread positive WOM to others in his social network so that he/she ends up converting some footfalls in Store A into patronage behavior,thus customers.Aren't such non-customers of Store/brand A valuable to the organization A?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home